Wednesday, August 18, 2010

False Alarm!

Wow 38 1/2 weeks! Disgusting! Well I had a very eventful day yesterday as Chris rented 3 movies from the Red Box and we layed on the couch and watched them all all-day! I woke up that morning with a very painful cramp in my lower left side abdomen, so Chris stayed home to see if it was anything. It was very sensitive to the touch and kind of felt like a pulled muscle.

Around 2:00pm, sure enough I started having contractions! The first few hours it was about every 45 minutes lasting 40 seconds or so. Then as the day went on they started getting closer together, 30 minutes apart, then 20, and lasting longer, 50 seconds, 60 seconds at a time. I took a nice hot shower, Chris and I took the puppies out twice for walks, and my parents came over to cook dinner for us, just so I could relax and move things along.

But when I went to sleep around 10:30, my contractions were every 20 minutes lasting 55-60 seconds each. I woke up a couple more times in the night to feel them, and then by midnight they faded away. And all I'm left with is having to pee once an hour now! What a false feeling of hope Chris and I felt this morning.

However because of yesterday's events, we now have both the camera and video camera fully charged, and our hospital bag packed. Just in case the next time this happens, the outcome is better!

We're going to do some more walking, making love, and praying today, so hopefully my next blog won't be so disappointing. Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully she gives us better news as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment